WELCOME

I finally got around to making a seperate blog for all my cakes and other fun things. This blog includes all the cakes I have made since I took up the hobby of cake decorating back in May 2008. I have completed all 4 Wilton Cake Decorating Courses and continue to learn more fun techniques as time goes by. Keep checking back from some more fun ideas!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sophie's Fairyland

This year for Sophie's 3 year birthday we had a Fairy party. Her and her friends from playschool had so much fun becoming fairies! I made cupcakes for the party with white buttercream frosting with fairy wings. Then each little girl got to pick from a variety of "fairy dust sprinkles" to decorate their own cupcake. The cake I made for her birthday we ate the next day which really was her birthday. The fairy garden cake was 2 10" rounds with 2 6" rounds layered on top. The flowers used were made from royal icing. The fairy party I wanted the cake for decoration, the only problem was is that I was short on time and didn't have time to make the white fondant bow for the top layer...so I just used som royal icing flowers. On Saturday however I made the white bow! For the food at the fairy party, I made butterfly sandwiches. Then we read a fairy book on becoming a fairy, each girl got a pair of wings along with a wand. For an activity station we decorated the wands with ribbon, we played pin the wings on the fairy and then opened presents. The fairy guests each went home with a pair of wings, a wand, and special fairy pouch with prizes. The party was 1 1/2 hours, but I wish we would have had just a little bit more time. What a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment